Unique Gift Card Message Ideas For Important Occasions
Date Posted:12 May 2023
We've all been taught to open the card before we unwrap the gift. The special sentiment or message that the gift giver has chosen just for us adds meaning to any present. That's wonderful when the card includes a lovely quote or heartfelt message. But it's not particularly inspiring to open a card and read:
Love from Tom.'
Really? You can do better than that!
We know that trying to come up with something meaningful and personal to include on a gift card can be tough. So, we've collated a whole list of inspiring messages for gift cards just to help you out. We have quirky gift card messages for special occasions, heartfelt things to say in a card, and unique card message ideas for all the most popular occasions.
Perfect romantic gift card messages for anniversaries
Your wedding anniversary or Valentine's Day are occasions when it's important to come up with the right words to include in your card. Here are our favourite romantic gift card sentiments for a first-anniversary card or Valentine's Day card for your significant other:
- Tonight is all ours. I can't wait to celebrate with you.
- You take my breath away. Be mine, always.
- Every time I think it's impossible to love you more, you prove me wrong. Always and forever.
- You're such a great friend that I had to make you my lover.
- On this day and always, I hope you feel how much I love you and know how grateful I am to have you in my life.
- My life just wouldn't be the same without you in it. I love you.
- Getting to know and love you has been the most wonderful surprise of my life.
- [Five] years ago today, you made me the happiest man/woman on earth. Today, I still feel like I'm the luckiest.
- We've been married for 365 days, and every day I discover new things about you to love.
- You fill my days with love and laughter. I'm so grateful to be sharing this wonderful adventure with you. I look forward to our future together and all the warm and happy memories we'll make.
- Happy anniversary, my love. May there be many more.
Sweet messages for wedding gift cards
Weddings are a difficult occasion to capture in a card because there's so much to say and so little space. Here are some sweet messages for wedding cards:
- I wish you the happiest of lives together. Here's just a little something to start your journey as a couple.
- We hope you have a wonderful life together.
- You're a wonderful couple. I wish you good luck, good health, and every good wish during your marriage.
- Let the passion burn strong. It's one of the great gifts of this world.
- Marriage symbolises a great future, new life, and so much happiness. Best wishes on this new journey.
Best quotes about love to include in a gift card
Famous sayings and popular quotes for special occasions are great for a reason. While these quotes might not be totally original, they are tried and true messages that have stood the test of time:
- 'True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.' – Faye Hall
- 'In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.' – Maya Angelou
- 'Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.' – Helen Boswell
Quirky and unique gift card sentiments for milestone birthdays
You've chosen the perfect gift for the birthday girl or boy, and now you need message ideas to include on their card. These gift card sentiments are all versatile ideas that would work for any adult birthday card message:
- Like a fine wine, you improve each year. Happy birthday!
- Happy belated early birthday! At least I'm on time for next year.
- Please accept this birthday gift. It's the nicest thing I could afford.
- Some say that gift-giving is more gratifying than receiving gifts. Please let me know if you'd like to test this theory out, and I'll clear space in my boot.
- I had nearly lost track of how old you were, but once I saw how much grey hair you had, it came back to me. Happy
- Happy birthday to one of my favourite people in the history of ever.
- Be safe, have fun, take pictures, and enjoy every minute of your (18th) birthday!
- How can you be (18) already? It feels like just yesterday you were (17).
- (40) is a perfect age. You're old enough to afford the good stuff and (just) young enough to enjoy it!
- Your birthday is just the first day of another riveting trip around the sun. I hope it's a good one!
Graduation gift card messages
Graduation is a big moment, but unless it's your own child graduating, you're probably not going to buy an expensive graduation gift. Usually, a simple congratulations card and maybe a gift voucher are enough for a graduation gift. The card is really the most important part of a graduation gift because it sets the new graduate in your life up for success and prosperity. Here are some thoughtful messages you can use in your card:
- You have earned every measure of success. Congratulations, and good luck with all the fun times ahead.
- You did it! Congratulations to my favourite graduate! I'm so proud of you.
- Dream big – reach far – shine bright – you're a star; congratulations on your graduation!
- I never doubted that you'd make it! Knock 'em dead.
- I'm so proud to share in the excitement of your graduation day. Congratulations.
- Your hard work has paid off. Wishing you every success in the future.
- You graduated! Now it's time to take on the world (but first, you've earned a holiday).
- We're thinking of you as you graduate – with pride for today and hope for tomorrow. Our love and support go with you always.
Great thank-you gift card messages
A thank-you gift card is an important way to show your gratitude. Whether it's for something big or small, showing your appreciation is just good manners. Here are some ideas on what to say in a thank you card:
- I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you.
- There are not enough words to express my gratitude. Thank you, just isn't enough!
- Thanks for your patience, your kindness, and your friendship. I appreciate all you do for me.
- Please accept this gift basket as a token of my thanks.
- Your kindness means the world to me.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I hope this gift brightens your day.
- Thank you for a job well done!! You made the whole thing look easy.
- I'm so grateful for all you do. I can't thank you enough.
Sympathy card messages
Sending a condolence card is so important if you have a friend or family member who has suffered a loss. But knowing what to say is never easy. Often, keeping it simple with a genuine and honest message is best. Here are some ideas for thoughtful sympathy messages from the heart:
- My deepest sympathy for your loss. The best people to love are the hardest to lose.
- I have no words to express my sorrow for your loss, so let me simply say, 'I'm sorry'.
- I stand beside you through your grief.
- Please accept our most sincere condolences and know that you're in our thoughts.
- With love, I'm sending you strength, courage, and peace.
- I'm here if you need a shoulder to cry on.
- Wishing you a speedy recovery.
- Sending love to you and your family during this difficult time.
- Sending you our deepest sympathies during this difficult time. We know we can't take away the hurt, but we hope this gift card for (a local food delivery service) makes a moment in the next few weeks a little easier.
New baby card messages
The arrival of a new baby is a major milestone in someone's life. A thoughtful card will give them strength and help them celebrate the journey ahead. Here are some thoughtful things to include in a card for a new baby:
- Wishing you and your little bundle of joy all the happiness in the world.
- Baby's smile makes everything better. Don't forget that there's still time to appreciate it on the hard days.
- Children are the nicest, best, and most annoying thing to spend money on. Enjoy your new parenthood journey and all its best expenses.
- You always do nice things for others in just the nicest way. You'll be an excellent parent, and (name) is lucky to have you.
- Your darling little newcomer is just adorable! I look forward to the wonderful days ahead as you grow into the parent you were destined to be.
- Baby, congratulations on your new baby!
- Congratulations on your new tax deduction!
- Congratulations on your new baby. As your family grows bigger, so will your heart.
- Enjoy this wonderful year of baby hugs, cuddles, and kisses!
Words to make a difference
Including a unique and special message in your gift card is the best way to make your gift recipient feel loved. When you order a gift basket or gift hamper from The Hamper Emporium, you can include a free personalised gift card to be delivered with your present. Simply write your personal sentiments in the text box provided, and it will be printed on your recipient's gift card. Feel free to use any of the gift card message ideas from this guide.